Translate

Search

Sunday 15 September 2013

FOOTBALL: Manchester United rebuffed as Ronaldo stays put in Madrid


FOOTBALL: Manchester United rebuffed as Ronaldo stays put in Madrid

Trusted article source icon
Monday, September 16, 2013
Profile image for 7DAYS

Manchester United fans have been told not to expect Cristiano Ronaldo to make a dramatic return to Old Trafford by none other than the man himself.

The Real Madrid star signed a new deal to stay at the Bernabeu until 2018, dealing a knee-high tackle to United supporters, who this summer held out hope the Portuguese would rejoin the Premier League champions.
“Everyone knows that I was at Manchester for six years and it was a club that gave me many, many things,” the wonder winger said. “But Manchester is the past, now my club is Real Madrid.
  1. Manchester United fans have been told not to expect Cristiano Ronaldo to make a dramatic return to Old Trafford by none other than the man himself
    Manchester United fans have been told not to expect Cristiano Ronaldo to make a dramatic return to Old Trafford by none other than the man himself
“It’s my home and my family and I am really happy here. It’s a very special day for me. I’m very grateful, above all to the president and to my fans who always support me. It’s for them that I will continue on here until what could be the end of my career.”
Ronaldo has scored more than 50 goals in each of the last three seasons with Madrid after joining in 2009 on a then-record transfer of $124 million from United.

The 28-year-old forward has helped Madrid win one Spanish league and one Copa del Rey, although the team has come short of an elusive 10th European Cup despite his incredible goal scoring feats. News of the deal - the specifics of which have not been released - comes hot on the heels of Gareth Bale’s world record transfer of $132 million to join Ronaldo at Real and a day after the Welsh winger made his debut for Los Merengues in a 2-2 draw at Villarreal on Saturday night.
Bale got Madrid’s first goal in a game that saw Ronaldo and Co struggle against an enterprising Yellow Submarine outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment